Private Equity Due Dilligence
In today’s competitive environment, firms acquiring businesses need to know where the profit levers are, how big they are, and how long it will take before results appear.
We have developed specialized expertise that ensures incisive assessment of a company’s Commercial Excellence opportunities in a due diligence setting.
Our particular areas of focus in due diligence support include assessing:
- Pricing opportunity – quantification of the amount and timeline of pricing opportunity can dramatically affect the economics of a deal, including the purchase price and expectations on returns
- Mix shifts across customers, markets, and regions over time, and their implications – our experience shows that a deep understanding of these shifts can provide a significant edge when evaluating the health and future opportunities of a business
- Sales incentives – better alignment of sales incentives can significantly improve the ability to win new business at attractive prices, which in turn influences a deal’s attractiveness
- Commercial systems gap analysis – the breadth and depth of systems gaps (both technology-based and process-based) are critical determinants that will affect an organization’s progress
- Organizational readiness to improve across commercial functions – finding opportunities “on paper” is not enough; we ferret out gaps in culture and capability that impact both the ability to achieve and the timeline of achievement
We recognize the short timelines and accelerated nature of these efforts. We are accustomed to mobilizing quickly for short, intense projects that require deep analysis and thorough assessment.