Sales and Marketing Process Design
Many advisory firms are great at determining the “right answer” for their clients, as if consulting is a form of homework or a math quiz. However, the real challenge lies in actual implementation of the solution. To ensure proper execution of a Commercial Excellence initiative, a business needs to design processes thoughtfully and instill them in the company’s culture.
In Commercial Excellence process design, we focus on the following key areas:
- Developing sales volume targets by region and sales representative
- Sales incentives tailored to drive maximum volume and profit impact from sales rep performance
- Pricing, including designing price/volume approval hierarchies, budgeting, promotion development processes, communications approaches, and organizational structure
- Sales policy design, including payment terms, freight and fuel policies, rebates, and policies for other discounts and allowances
- Development of Commercial Excellence metrics specific to your business, in order to optimize tracking of policy implementation
- Win/loss process, including development of a process to track key win/loss data, periodic analysis of performance, and monitoring of results
Tools, including KiniMetrix and CRM tools
To the greatest extent possible, we aim to roll-out pilot implementations of recommendations to ensure that our work is truly actionable within the unique context of your business.